Sunday, July 10, 2011

Why does my 1 year old kitten/cat attack scratch and bite my face and hair?

My fiance and I adopted 2 cats from a local shelter about 5 months ago. Karl (our 2 year old neutered male) is soooo sweet and smart and he loves to jump and play. Karl can jump for a toy/treat over 4 feet! He also sleeps in our bed at night, right next to my head. <3 Raja on the other hand... he likes to hide and can only eat a treat if its hand fed from me. Raja is younger (vet thinks about 8 months) and he is very aggressive. I feel that he is this way because my fiance FORCES him to cuddle and be held... I let raja go free when he cries, my fiance does not. He says that all cats learn to be cute after this... I think its making raja more mean. What do you think? I could really use some help/support here because I have never had indoor cats before this. Also, Raja scratches my fiance's face HARD and makes him bleed nearly every day. I don't like this behavior but I feel like its not the cats fault.

No comments:

Post a Comment