Saturday, July 16, 2011

Speaking to an Army recruiter for the first time?

I've been doing lots of research about joining the army recently. I'm 25 and basically fed up with my career as a correctional officer, looking for some possible change. Very few jobs in the army interest me at this point in my life with the exception of military intelligence. Now based on what I've read in articles and online it seems if anything the army is downsizing, or at least is swamped with recruits. I have yet to speak with a recruiter. When I do is it wrong to basically tell him I'm only interested in a select few jobs, mainly 35M (Human Intelligence Collector) and that if I cannot have that job I'm basically not interested? From my perspective I'm giving up a good salary and my future pension (I've got 5 years in) to join the army, therefore I'm not willing to "settle" on what they have available. I would rather wait or simply not join. This may seem rude or demanding, but I'm just being very upfront, as I expect them to be with me since I view recruiters as looking out for the best interests of the military while I'm looking out for mine and my wife's best interests. Should I even bother going in to talk to him at this point?

No comments:

Post a Comment